Saturday 4 August 2007

I really really wasn't going to spend any more money. Even though I have been coveting for some new saucepans. For some odd reason I've been obsessed with wanting to upgrade. I withheld my desire and bought a new dining suite instead. Oops. It's big, chunky, solid and lovely. They gave us a good price which still meant an expensive price but good nonetheless. I have been eyeing this off for a good month now and Tyrone came with me this morning and we went for it.

The table we have now is something I bought for $30 odd dollars in a garage sale in Geelong back in 1998. It was old and crappy then and is now even crappier. Has served us well with grubby messy kids and there are well worn memories of their antics etched permanently into the table which is nice for memory sake but not for appearance. The chairs have all broken in some way or another and we are down to three that are actually okish. We have a great big covered deck here so the table will go out there and the chairs to the tip!

Now I must get onto that budget soon. It's on my list of things to do and stick by once we get back from Thailand.

I've decided to cross post some of my entries from here with my lj so if you read both you'll be thoroughly in the know of our dining suite purchasing endeavours. Sorry.

No comments: